Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:53:07 +0000
From: farna@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Amc-list] 1961 AMC Rambler
To: AMC-List <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,

Like Mark says, two door wagon will bring more. Popularity and interest drives prices first, condition second. Hot rodders mightbe interested in the two door wagon, so there's a lot more universal interest, especially with the usual Ford and Chevy fodder bringing such high prices now.

The only thing you'd really need to put the 63 196 in the 61-63 American is the front mounitng   plate. The rear mounts are on the bell housing. You can make mounts and brackets easy enough, but should be able to find a bell cheap. The plate from any 196 (L-head, OHV, or even AL) in any 62 or earlier AMC (63 American) will fit. The timing cover needs to come off, and I think thechain and cam gear too. Would be a good idea to change those while in there, and of course the front seal.

If you get it I have the parts you'd need and would let you have them (bell with mounts and plate) for $25 + shipping. You'd need new rubber mounts though.

From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"