Re: [Amc-list] Hemmings short article on the '61 Custom Six

d stohler wrote:

> all 3 ramblers are 2 doors. the 65 and 63 are hardtops. my 62 is just 2 door with the posts. when i weighed it at the truck scales half way to town, it tipped them at 2950 with 3/4 tank of fuel and me out. full interior and everything. as it sits now. i have a 03 dodge peon as my daily driver. it tips the scales at 3000 with full tank of fuel and me not in it. *scrating head motion* interesting how 62 could be so tough, and ALL STEEL and weigh less than a newer PLASTIC TOY that falls apart when it hits a tall grass shoot???  well, i shouldnt say that. my neon has jumped over 3' tall snow burm, jumped the median on a texas freeway at 60mph dodging other cars, done a nice Z spin on the highway at 70 mph and the list goes on, but it sitll cruises. no problems what so ever. 32 mpg @ 70 mph. my 62  classic gets 26 mpg at 55-60 mph. have to see what my new american does with 2bbl power pack (i assume thats the power pack option??) and auto on a new rebuild. i
>  expect no less than 25 after breakin is up.

THat's good to know -- 2950 for the '62 6cyl classic? I keep meaning to
weigh my 63 American.

The Dodge Peon has foolish things like reinforced doors and a better
cage around you. The '70 Hornet has doors like the early 60's, WYSIWYG
-- but in 72 the car weighs more and has bars in the door and other things.

I loved my 62 Ambo. Four vent windows! wraparound glass! Fold down
seats! 327 got 18mpg on the highway. It suuuure looked like the Mercedes
for that year, coincidence, huh... :-)

And I miss that pushbutton shifter. Now that was a cool feature. I never
had any trouble with it.

Took a long time to close all the windows when it started raining --
eight opening windows!