Re: [Amc-list] Jumpin Jack Flash - it's the Natural Gas

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   I know they were working on a pilot program that allowed people to purchase/lease units.
> You pulled in to your parking space in the evening, connected and when you got up in the morning the tank was full.
> usage was metered and taxed as per road taxes etc;
> All nice and legal.

Yeah,I was think of engine/car NG conversion legality.

The only issue for home-filling, besides the separate collection of road
tax necessary in the US, is water. NG out of the ground is basically a
big earth fart, a lot of water, CO2, etc. You'd need a dryer for car
use, but I guess that's part of the fill-up gadget.

Road tax was one of those funny fall-between-the-cracks things with my
LP car. LP dispensers are supposed to add on road taxes when the stuff
goes in the car, but not when it goes in the BBQ. Most places I bought
from were either clueless, or realized that a sale was a sale, and the
chance of a tax inspector seeing my car being filled up and putting 2+2
together was nil.