[Amc-list] Hemmings short article on the '61 Custom Six

[Amc-list] Hemmings short article on the '61 Custom Six

I just had to pick up the August issue of Hemmings. It had articles on
some fun stuff. The cover is a Willy's Overland Jeepster. I LOVE those
Jeepsters! Very cool!

Then an article on Karmann Ghias. My wife had a '72 a long time ago
that had all the rust removed, no bondo - all metal, a nice new paint
job and interior. Got totaled by a driver in a moving truck (luckily
she was okay - whiplash, completely totaled car - but okay). After
trying to get it fixed for 3 years, I traded it for a '64 Karmann
Ghia. We had an apartment in a house at a bottom of a hill. A driver
lost her brakes on the way down, jumped out of her car and rolled -
and my Ghia got totaled. Ouch!!! No more Karmann Ghias for us!

But I picked the magazine up for the short blurb on the '61 Rambler
Custom 6. What a nice little car. I can definately see tooling around
in an early '60's Rambler. Still small enough to fit in my garage.
Still small and light enough to get decent mileage. Still an easy to
work on 6.

I like my American, and can't wait to get it sorted out - but the
early Custom and Classic line is pretty cool, too. Hmmmmmmm - a Cross
Country would be pretty styling for cruising, toting the kayak to the
river or camping.While I like the '63 (and '64) Classics, the earlier
models would probably fit in the garage a little better.

Good thing my wallet is empty, or I'd be looking (and my wife would be
none-too happy!).