[Amc-list] pulled and popped pistons

i put my dial calipers on them. everything seems to check out to be stock bore. there are some minor scoring in the up and down direction. havent gotten in to the cylinders with a rag to clean the entire things. just the ends to measure. i havent seen, nore do i expect to see any cross hash marks. i think it will be just fine and danddy with a dingleburry style hone. put some cross hatches back in it and should clean up them tiny score marks.

the crank has some minor grooves in it also. i think some good emery cloth will clean it up. it came out to being in spec the 2 rods and 2 mains i checked. bearings were wore out and at the end of their life. all except the 2 newer pistons/rods. those bearings looked brand new still... all the more reason im pretty sure it wasnt driven much at all after being replaced. will take the head in and have it magnafluxed or what ever they call it to check for cracks. probably should do the same with the block.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules