[Amc-list] Charity AMX

Tom Benvie will be the next on-site coordinator for the car, and most
likely the last! Right now it's still in the process of being painted.
The original painter decided to back out at the last minute after having
us wait over a month, but another has been located and should be
painting it soon. Once this is done it will be transported to Tom, who
along with the New England AMC Club (AMX Club?) will be finishing the
car and getting it to auction.

Tom is starting to collect some funds for the completion, and has set up
a special PayPal account. Although we have a "central fund", his setting
up an account is perfectly in order with the way things have been
working. Each "stop" has been in charge of getting their own donations.
The car will need a lot of small items to finish and collecting cash to
pay for them on an as needed basis is both easier and faster than trying
to get them donated. He would like to complete the car and get it to the
Barret-Jackson auction in January. As they are working on the car I'll
contact B-J and see if they will waive the seller fees or help us out in
any way. Funds will be used from the central coffer also.

To send a donation through PayPal dorectly to Tom, enter
tbenvie@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:tbenvie@xxxxxxxxx> as the party to whom you
wish to send money. Make your payment & the confirmation receipt from
PayPal comes back as **"Payment to Charity AMX."***  *****You can also
send a check to Tom Benvie/CAMX, 5 Sachem Rock Ave., East Bridgewater,
MA 02333.

Of course I will still accept donations to the central fund. PayPal to
farna@xxxxxxx, credit card by going to
http://farna.home.att.net/purchase.html (enter "Charity AMX" in the note
section when processing the payment), or send a check to FARNA/CAMX, 147
Tom Moore Road, B-L, SC 29070.

Any money collected over and above what's needed for expenses directly
related to the car will be used as seed money for another charity
project or added to the donation amount. It doesn't matter whether the
money is sent directly to Tom or the central fund, it will all get used
for the car. At this point it might be better to send to Tom so that he
has ready access to it and won't need to wait for a check or
reimbursement from me.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"