Re: [Amc-list] cid calculations?

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" Frank had a cam ground, and I think he said it made for some mid-to-high
" RPM improvements ("high rpm" a relative thing on this motor :-) But a
" small turbo would be the thing to make power with this motor, it's so
" overbuilt and undertuned it would probably be easy to double the HP if
" you could make the driveline take it. The little air-cooled automatic
" has held up fine behind my 232 in a Classic wagon, it's hard to believe
" it wouldn't be OK in a light car with 150 hp or even more.

turbo would work especially if you forget top-end hp and work for
midrange torque, which is what you drive on mostly anyways.  crank
dynamic loads increase by the square of rpm, so a motor that can
stand 5000 rpm can take a lot of boost at 2500...

the aluminum warner continued to evolve and was used by foreign cars
around the world well into the '80s, names like jaguar, volvo and bmw.
i have some sketchy notes on which parts are best to beef up a bw35.
enough of those cars came here that a -good- auto tranny shop
shouldn't have a problem.

dunno how you'd hook it to a torque tube, but a t14 would hook to the
engine pretty easily [if you don't have the 4-point mounts] and was
used with 2bbl 290/304.  maybe a 4wd jeep extension case with a custom
aluminum adapter?  for clutch, there's a mopar pressure plate used
with 273s and hd 225s for many years, that bolts to the small pattern
and takes a 10" disk.  i have the perfection part numbers somewhere.