[Amc-list] Anyone need Ambassador Parts (72) Save from the crusher!

[Amc-list] Anyone need Ambassador Parts (72) Save from the crusher!

I recently purchased a 72 Ambo, mainly for the drivetrain 360/727... I might be able to post pics by this weekend, but I am working in St Louis and getting back down where the car is might be hard this week.

So here's the story... this fellow took a 4 door Ambo Sedan, and made a "moonshine runner" out of it.  Be took out the hood hinges and put 4 pins in (bad move!)  took the trunk lock mechanism and drilled the trunk lid for pins (huhh?).  Then he warmed up the motor, but put teeny 14's Black NASCAR rims on it with 185 tires and mostly stripped the interior.

WHen I saw the new exhaust, 4 bbl E-B and Prfrmr intake with a custom ALUMINUM radiator, A B&M shifter and other new stuff I had to buy it... I am keeping that stuff and the trans!  HOWEVER, I can't take this beast home or my wife will FREAK!

So, here's the good.  From what I could tell a PERFECt grille and front bumper... missing the ouside drivers headlight and ring.  A REALLY nice rear bumper... but I may keep that in the hope of finding a 2 door Matador someday (they are interchangeable, right?)

REALLY nice green door panels and doors all looked complete, opened and closed fine and windows worked.  A  green Factory A/C dash pad with no cracks, (no compressor inder the hood)... no seats, or carpet.  (one aftermarket racing bucket!  they did cut a hole in the dash for a DIN radio.

ALL GLASS PERFECT!  Front Sheetmetal looked perfect, although the whole car was rattle canned primer and the aforementioned hood butchery.  Looked liked the stainless trim was there.  No emblems but all the marker lights. CHrome Mirrors looked nice.

Does anyone in the Ozarks/4 State area want this car minus the drivetrain and wheels?  I want $300 as that is the least I will get at the crusher.  Did I mention this has a CLEAR TITLE!

The sickening part, is if someone does not want the whole thing, I don't know if I have the time or space to part it out and I will probably only get the grille and rear bumper and crush all the good stuff.  I have a buddy near St Louis that will let me yank the Motor and trans at his place, haul the body off and come back, but I have to get it done in a day so not a lot of time to save stuff.

I can help some with transpo if you can help with gas.  The car is between Springfield, MO and St Louis, MO.  I can deliver easily on a trailer to either of those places.  I can probably get to Tulsa, but there are extra tolls when towing.  Wichita, KC and Topeka, maybe.

I hate to be a jerk and kill such a cool steed, but I am not into 4 doors (although I really want a Mat or Ambo Wagon!) and I am just getting my property cleared of dead weight, so bringin home this boat would sound the alarms!

Have a great week and e me back if you are interested.

Jesse