[Amc-list] mpg?

Who asked about getting 30mpg on an AMC?
Well, I can come close!
This tank of gas had 150 miles out of the 280 all highway interstate 65-75 mph on over a 100 of that.
At fill up it got 27.9 mpg!
I'm quite pleased as I was not running it easy. I did not hammer on it constantly or anything but did grab a few gears and leave a little rubber behind from time to time.
I feel confident in saying this combo in an American with skinnier tires and cautious driving would easily knock down 30mpg and fry tires to the chord when you wanted to!
A EFI 91-95 4.0L H.O and stick shift O/D tranny has balls of power in the American body too.
So go ahead, I challenge someone to try one for yourself, you'll like it!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV