[Amc-list] corroded motor...

Dave, if the rocker arm is that corroded then all that water or whatever
certainly made it to the bottom end. I wouldn't even turn the crank with
a wrench, just yank and tear down. If there was an oil film on the
journals hopefully it kept out moisture.

I wouldn't suggest running a hose in it to flush it. You'll just push
crud around and possibly water into places that don't now have any.

Pull and tear down in my opinion is the only choice.

Man, people sure let stuff go!

I don't know if this is any consolation, or what, but I now better
understand how my father and his friends felt when they would stumble
over some rotted crap hulk of a car poking out of a hillside, all that
hot rod fodder, just a solid brown mass of rust flakes. We're not that
crazy yet, but we're heading there! :-)