----------------
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:00:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

well, i got the head off the little american lastnight. got depressed and discouraged.... 2 cylinders were full of i have NO idea what. 2 were rusted up pretty bad, and 2 look.. well... better than the other 4. i have no idea what so ever was in 2 of the cylinders. one of the 2, (#3) was powdery kinda, but damp. wasnt rust. the other one, #2, was rock solid. looked like quartz or marble or some kinda thing like that... rock HARD. chipped it out with a screwdriver. got it soaking with pb blaster now. rocker arms and under the valve cover was just full of rust powder... please, if you got time, take a look at my pics, and tell me someone has a spare motor for me not terrible far away???

http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules/63American

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"