[Amc-list] Engine Color Info Needed

I am building a model of my mothers 62 Classic 4 door. It's been 38 years since I looked under the hood of that car or any other Classic of that vintage. I need to know what color the engine was. It had the steel 196 OHV engine. Something in my mind says red but it's been to many years for me to be sure. Any help will be appreciated.
"Doc"