Re: [Amc-list] Cheap brake conversion

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" Be an interesting swap if they are readily available.
" What's the actual external demensions on the rotor?

couldn't find them for the bendix 141072, but found stats for this
very similar --

Bendix Brake Rotor:
Part Number: 141146
This product fits the following vehicles

	CHRYSLER
	1974 - 1975 IMPERIAL
	1974 - 1976 TOWN & COUNTRY
	1974 - 1978 NEW YORKER
	1974 - 1978 NEWPORT

	DODGE
	1974   CHARGER
	1974   CORONET
	1974 - 1977 MONACO
	1975 - 1977 ROYAL MONACO
	1980 - 1984 D150 PICKUP
	1981 - 1984 B250 VAN
	1982 - 1984 B150 VAN
	1982 - 1984 RAMCHARGER

	PLYMOUTH
	1974   FURY
	1974   FURY I
	1974   FURY II
	1974 - 1977 GRAN FURY
	1982 - 1983 PB150 VAN
	1982 - 1983 PB250 VAN

which replaced it in both cars and, later, trucks, and uses set #11
and #16 and a larger 2.732" od seal instead of #17/#16 and 2.626".
it's 11 3/4" dia by 5" overall height, no idea of thickness.  the
'85-up truck rotor appears to be the same except for 5 x 5.5" bolt
circle.

'79-'83 amc rotors are 10 3/4" by 4 7/8" oh.  the big bearing rotors
must be similar.

question: what are the relevant dimensions of #11 and #17 bearings?
do they fit the same spindle?  [doubtful]
also, what's the spacing between the bearings on the amc and mopar
rotors?  i -assume- 'close enough'.

btw the w100 4x4 rotors are all 5 x 5.5" and 2 5/8" overall height.
only 2wd trucks, and only to '84, were 5 x 4.5" afaik.  well, not
counting the '86-'90 dakota.  but it uses #11/#16 bearings too.

" Anyone have any of the spindles?

my '65 project american that brian seeley now has, has '76 pacer front
brakes.  i chose them for the big bendix calipers.

" I'm wondering if the brackets I have to use WJ rotors would provide the right outspacing and would love to check this out.

my data doesn't go as far as that, but xj/zj 2wd rotors are 4" oh by
11".  4wd rotors are 3 1/8" oh.