Re: [Amc-list] Cheap brake conversion

Availability is certainly a good feature, and as entertaining as I find
developing these conversions is, I wonder how practical or necessary it
is.  Don't misunderstand me, I designed a rear disc brake conversion for
my 1968 AMX in 1974, and I converted to the 1971 vented brakes before that.
But honestly I don't think that I at least will be needing to replace
brake parts on any of my hobby cars. I remember the 1974 Ambassador
brakes lasting about 40,000 miles and the rotors didn't need to be
turned, but if I did a brake job now I would turn the rotors.  Don't you
think that the rotors could be turned twice?  That means the rotors
would last 120,000 miles.

Hey I just talked myself into keeping the drum brakes on the 1971 Javelin!

Peter Marano
Kenosha WI

Database version: 5.10250e
http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor/