Re: [Amc-list] intake ports, was exhaust tuning

Re: [Amc-list] intake ports, was exhaust tuning

That's exactly what I'm saying. The intake port configuration is the
same, though the ports on your old model 232 are probably bigger. The
intake ports on even the Renix are higher up than the 232/258 ports. To
move the Renix intake lower you'll have to slot the alignment dowel
holes. There might be some other minor grinding/fitting involved, but
that's it. I've never seen one on a 232, but the change in dowel hole
location is the only difference on the intake supplied with the Jeep
conversion kit for 258s. --------------- From: Tom Jennings
<tomj@xxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] intake ports, was exhaust tuning
Frank Swygert wrote: You do know the intake will bolt on with minor
mods, right? The exhaust should work too, just may have to cut that
flange off.

Waitaminute -- are you saying, I can put a Renix MANIFOLD with all that
EFI junk, on my 232 HEAD? I don't have to put the whole late-model HEAD
on the older block?!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"