Re: [Amc-list] SCORE!!! (i think??....)

My 195.6OHV was seized when I got it. The previous owner said it was
running when put away, and only ran hot once in it's life (got vapor
lock).

I tried Marvel Mystery Oil in each cylinder. I let it sit for a couple
weeks. Then I tried PB Blaster. Also took off the valve cover and put
some in the cylinder head in case any valves were stuck. Don't know if
I needed to or not. Still no movement. I finally used some Kroil. Down
each spark plug and a little poured down the carb in case an intake
valve was suck (once again - don't know if I needed to).

After a while, I noticed that the penetrating oil was going down in
each cylinder except 2. I figured they were stuck big time. After 5
weeks the engine freed up.

Mine was a manual transmission car, so I could rock it. I did put a
socket and breaker bar on the crankshaft bolt - but rocking it worked
for me. Just give the penetrating oil PLENTY of time to work in. I'd
let it soak and continue topping it off every now and then for at
least 4 to 6 weeks. I did my brakes while waiting for the penetrating
oil to do it's trick.

I'm not sure if one type of penetrating oil is better than another -
or if the key is just giving it time. Sounds like a cool car! I like
the 61-63 Americans. They're pretty cool.