Re: [Amc-list] SCORE!!! (i think??....)

d stohler wrote:
> i have not picked the car up yet. hell, i didnt even tell the wife about it yet. THATS goin to need the ear plugs.... anyway. the plates on it were last tagged in '85. and yes, so i dont get the issues that tom and i had LAST summer, will pull the tank and clean it. what is the best stuff to use to penetrate into the rings? i have been told atf is real good to use. if i remember right, this car only had like 60,000 miles or so. could be 70.
>
> i know i know. tom is probably SICK AND TIRED of this, but this car would have the "big nut" rear that you talked about??
> whats that all about? anything interesting there to get into? im going to tighten the hubs like i did on my classic.

http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Big-nut/

It's simply not a big deal -- if you buy two $20 wrenches. Just weird.

> considering finding a small (2.0 or so) turbo in a salvage yard. maybe do sime rigging to fit one on there. no intercooler or nothing to start with. toy with it and see how that works with the blow thru.
>
> o ya, it does NOT have the same holley carb my classic does. what carb would this be? jets? rebuild kits??

Only two carbs for that model/year -- some 1bbl Holley or a WCD 2bbl.
440h you have WCD, right? Not a bad carb, easy to work on, kits available.

Do that turbo work for me!!!! I'll do ignition and oil pump!! Then later
TBI!! :-)