[Amc-list] Removing the exhaust manifold - hoses have been removed, remo

[Amc-list] Removing the exhaust manifold - hoses have been removed, remove throttle plate as well?

Making progress! Got 4 of the exhaust manifold bolts off cleanly. Also
removed the bolts that connect the exhaust manifold to the exhaust
pipe. Got one broken stud (and hoping there is enough material left to
get it out cleanly). Have one bolt to go.

I'm having clearance problems getting the 6 point 9/16" box wrench on
the 5th bolt. The throttle linkage plate is in the way. Do I just have
to remove the 2 bolts holding the throttle linkage plate on to the
intake manifold - have someone hold it out of the way - then hit the
last bolt? I don't want to strip the bolt using an open end, or break
the stud.

Any tricks to be aware of with the linkage plate? I don't want to break stuff.

Also - found out why it was loudish, and why my hand came away with so
much black soot when messing around towards the back of the engine. I
put a flashlight on it, and the flange around the 5th bolt is
completely broken off - I can see the stud clearly going right to the
cylinder head. The bolt is hanging on by it's finger tips! Not letting
go - but just hanging on, lol. Don't think I'll be welding it and sing
it as a backup (found another '65 manifold, so am good to go).

Okay - way too may words. Just unbolt the throttle linkage plate and
hold it out of the way? Anythng to be aware of? Any gotcha's?