Re: [Amc-list] Eagle 5spd.

The T5 was also used in Jeep J10s with the 4.2L '80 to '85 (I have one for parts from my '83 J10, complete with used clutch and bellhousing for $75. It was run low on oil and synchros are stuck together)

From: Brien Tourville
Subject: [Amc-list] Eagle 5spd.
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:34:14 -0400
From: Frank Swygert
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Eagle 5spd.
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Pretty much so, according to the TSM. The only difference is fifth gear -- the six cylinder has a steeper OD gear than the four (0.76:1 for the six, 0.86:1 for the four). All manual trannys in the Eagle used a 2.73 axle ratio with the four, Spirits and Concords used a 3.08. You'd think the Eagle would have had the lower gear!

..

http://www.5speeds.com/rpm.exe

I found the 5speeds.com site today - downloaded the free Autodyne RPM Calculator & plugged in
tire sizes for 15" - 16" - 17" rims using the T-4 gear ratios from offroaders.com. - very cool
Utility.

The 2.73 rear ratio makes sense for a DD - the 3.08 gets a nod for around town driving &
the 3.54 requires 4 bolt mains & scattersheild ......

With the 2.73 ratio - looks like the car will have better shift points with 17" rims !

The T-5 is a light duty transmissions five speed transmission that looks
very similar to the SR-4 and T-4, except for the bulge the shift lever
housing for the overdrive. The T-5 also looks about 10% bigger all
around than the 4 speeds. This transmission was manufactured by
Borg-Warner and may say Ford on the top cover. The case is aluminum and
has a casting numbers on the drivers side of 13-52. The T-5 has a 1 1/8"
10 spline input shaft and a 23 spine output shaft.

      Usage

The T-5 was used in CJs from 1982 until 1986.

Transmission 	1st 	2nd 	3rd 	4th 	5th 	Rev
T-5 	4.03 	2.37 	1.50 	1.00 	0.8 	3.76