Re: [Amc-list] Delco distributor "recurve" kits...

Still available at NAPA last I looked in the "Performance" corner. Made by Mr G.

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Delco distributor "recurve" kits...
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
" From: Tom Jennings
"
" I'm bust trying to find one. Oh, there's many, but they all
"
"   (1) assume V8, no mention of other numbers of holes (it does matter)
"   (2) come with only weights and springs, far as I can tell
"
" Total advance is limited by a finger and a slot, sometimes a pin in an
" oval hole. Therefore, a rotating part has to change, not just weights,
" if you want more than stock advance.
"
" Does anyone have any specific knowledge of kits with more than weights
" and springs? Otherwise I'm fine hacking my own parts (what else is new
" with old cars!)

forgot to add - back in the early '80s, a garage put a recurve kit
into my first american, a '66 199, while they were fixing something
else - i don't know why.  sure woke that car up though!  added a few
mpg too.

sorry this doesn't help you directly, but kits that fit the delco 6
dist do or did exist.  i wouldn't be surprised if they used the same
springs and weights as v8 kits.