Re: [Amc-list] '71 DJ point of interest

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" O.K. if that has a passenger starter and a BORG tranny, something is just plain weird...
" Details please when you get into it to see what it realy is.
" I've never heard of a Borg with a passenger starter on an AMC 6.

well this is a dj - which side is the psgr side...?

"  Not saying the postal service did not have a bell cast up to continue using the borg tranny when AMC quit!
" it would be a pretty simple thing for a foundry to make up if the dimensions were known!

not necessary!  they could use the existing '67-'71 290/304 m40 bell,
and even flexplate by deleting the balance weight.

one run of early-'70s djs had m11s.  on a late six they could use v8
bells and flexplates as above; on a '64-'71 six they could use pre-m35
196 bells and flexplates.  '69-'71 internationals also ran 232s with
m11s.

" Would be very interesting if all this time there was a bell that would bolt a new engine to an old Borg trans!
" I would be very surprised if it actually exists though!

boo!	;^>

-i- would be surprised if there was a bell that went the other way -
new auto to old motor...