Re: [Amc-list] re :195.6ohv ignition timing and mileage

Re: [Amc-list] re :195.6ohv ignition timing and mileage

Tom wrote

"Yeah, but a side-shifted (three lever) trans would be easier to adapt
 into cars that already have that sort of setup."

Of course I'm not sure where the Borg Warner 4 speed shifter makes a hole in
a 70 Javelin,
but the T5 manual puts the internal shifter dang near dead square in the
middle of the hole when converting
from automatic to the T5. Isn't the only difference on the Javelin between
auto and manual from the factory
a different type of cover plate at the tunnel?
If you can believe it I've never seen the underside of a Javelin with a 4
speed. Just my automatic car.

Armand