Re: [Amc-list] spark and mirror questions

I used a sponge to keep my mirror from bouncing. The pickup coil in the dist is different from Presto-no-lite (gold ignition box) to Motorcrapt. Someone already pointed out the weak connector problem on the BID ignition.

From: Richard Estermyer <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] spark and mirror questions
To: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Wondering IF there is a secret to getting the old remote mirrors to tighten up, so as they don't "flap" in the breeze inside the housing at highway speeds?  Short of putting a coffee creamer cup behind it.
Also, trying to sell the MatWagon and now I am having a NO SPARK problem.  Coil is new and testing good.  Tried another control module on the fender.  New wires, plugs, tune up etc (not many miles since I bought the car).

While backing it out of the garage a couple weeks back it stalled and died.  I thought it was fuel, so I went and got some and added it.  Then found no spark.  SO I pushed in back into garage and a week later went out and tried it.  I checked it first and found spark (low), then tried it and started right up and I ran it for 30 minutes or so and down the road.  Parked it at the end of the drive and going out to take it to a friends place to sell, NO SPARK.

Ordered a pick up module from AutoZOne and they sent a control module (which I had), then found that they do not carry it anymore.  Is this correct that it looks like the control module in the distributor?  I have power everywhere else.  Are these still available, or do I have to do the distributor change?  Then IF I went back to points distributor, will that work with the rest of the set up since it is now electronic distributor?

As always, THANKS for the help and info!  Still a day left on the e-bay Gremlin items and shirts.
1975 Matador Wagon For Sale  $950 o.b.o.
Blessings,Richard Richard Estermyer
javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx