Re: [Amc-list] 4.0 head on 1970 232...

Don't forget the exhaust ports line up differently (as was pointed out to me) Clifford make a carb intake to fit the 4.0L head, but it's VERY large ports

From: Tom Jennings
Subject: [Amc-list] 4.0 head on 1970 232...
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."

There are four (!) 4.0's in a local yard this week, plus one 360 v8, all
in jeep products.

Since I gotta rebuild a head anyways, I was thinking, why not a 4.0?

The years available are 1987, 1989, 1990. Are these "bad" years? Any
best years? They all look intact and reasonably clean. Doesn't look like
dead motor sent them to their death (most were crashed).

It will be a bone-stock 232 other than Duraspark distributor. It's a 63
Classic chassis, but I don't have power brakes so the manifold should
clear, right? It's drivers-side starter.

(Then the Howell kit may go on the 195.6, a more interesting project.)