[Amc-list] Chrysler BBD on AMC -- good upgrade! (was BBD Parts Needed)

[Amc-list] Chrysler BBD on AMC -- good upgrade! (was BBD Parts Needed)

The Chrysler BBD as used on 318 V-8s in the last of the "big" (Volare
body) Diplomats and New Yorkers is slightly different from the AMC six
BBD. The AMC version has a choke made onto the housing and is 195 cfm.
The Chrysler version has the choke "spring" in the intake manifold with
a link going up to the choke plate and is around 250-300 cfm (the
venturis are about 1/8" larger in diameter). You can't just bolt a
Chrysler BBD to an AMC because of the choke and throttle linkage
differences. Luckily the throttle blades are the same size on both
carbs, just the venturis are a different size! So you take both carbs
apart and use the base and top from the AMC carb on the Chrysler. Now
you have a larger BBD carb to feed your AMC! This should work on
feedback models as well as the standard models. -------------- Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 19:29:35 -0700 (PDT) From: Joe Fulton
<piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> The Mopar BBD has the choke coil mechanism down
in the intake manifold so it won't work on an AMC. Regards, Joe --- Greg

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"