[Amc-list] Eagle SX4 conversion

If it were me there is no way I would consider getting this, fixin it enough to get running, selling and buying a Spirit... or see if anyone wants to trade you a similar conditions Spirit for your SX4 straight across.  Here's why.

* There were more Spirits sold than SX4's and the common body parts with Concords are easier to use (also many parts from Gremmi's, and Hornets)

* You would have a Spirit looking body with an extra hump in the floorboard where the transfer case front output goes

*  You would have holes to repair in every quarter and rocker to lose the Eagle "cladding"

*  You cannot disconnect the front driveshaft on some models as it will no longer move, but will burnnup the TC

*  You will have to swap rearend or re-weld mounts underneath axle

*  Rear axle is wider than 2WD

*  Wheels won't work with 2WD front

*  2 WD wheels won't work with back axle

*  You will have to re-route/plug unecessary vacuum tubing for front axle pod and transfer case, in some models

*  Need 2WD front springs (unless you have them)

*  It ain't no picnic getting all that front end stuff off!

Why take the time for all this when you can just trade for a 2 WD and someone will get their dream SX4.  As someone who has 3 79-80 AMX's, 3 SX4's and to Eagle Kammbacks, I can tell you none are very valuable, but all are fun in their own right... keep them that way!

Once you get it and get some pics, contact us at amceaglenest.com and give us a shot before you make a mutant of this bird!

Jesse

Near SPringfeidl, MO... down to 17 cars!