[Amc-list] 66 Ambo back to life

I have had my Ambo 990 wagon since 2004 and got part way into
resurrecting it and then my wife's health issues forced my attentions
elsewhere.  It has sat in the garage for the past 2 years with hardly a
notice from me until the other day.  I cleaned all the stuff off of it
and ran a gas can to the carb.  It started after a little bit and smoked
like crazy with a good bit of lifter noise.  But it is running again.  I
have new carpet in it and new upholstery to install so maybe I will get
the interior done here and then move on to mechanical things.  I have a
set of rebuilt heads and the tranny needs to be done.  The good thing is
there is a guy in the next town who has the kit to do the tranny and is
old school enough to remember them.  Feels good to get back to it after
so long.  I had spent the majority of my tinker time redoing my two
Eagles.  Both of those are for sale now as I decided that 4 project cars
are too much.  The goal is to get down to just the 66 Ambo and do it up
right.

Just had to share.

Wayne
Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY,
http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
AMO#8454, 83 Eagle Limited Wagon, 82 SX/4, 258 auto
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
2003 FLHTCI
2001 Cherokee, 2000 Chrysler Cirrus (both hers)