[Amc-list] Subject: Re: box end ratchet wrench

[Amc-list] Subject: Re: box end ratchet wrench

I've looked at the Craftsman wrenches before, and they were 12 point
at that time, but I'll certainly take another look!  I love their
warranty!

And I fully understand the need for twelve points when you're dealing
with a fixed, closed end wrench, but any sort of ratchet eliminates that
need.  When I've asked why 12 point at pro tool shops, the only excuse
they could come up with is for square nuts used in large trucks.

And finally, yes ratcheting wrenches are a luxury, but on occasion they
can make a job so much easier.  The alternator tensioning bolt on my
Talon springs to mind.  It's too close to the rad to get a socket on
it, and
I always seem to leave too much knuckle skin on the rad, working with
a standard wrench.  The ratchet type would be so much faster....

Cheers,
Dave