Re: [Amc-list] Darn exhaust manifold bolts!

Re: [Amc-list] Darn exhaust manifold bolts!

" From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Cool! Well, I decided to work on the rear-most bolt - as I could get
" my snazzy 9/16" 6 point socket on it, and turn it with a hefty 1/2"
" drive socket wrench. Well, the bolt snapped.
"
" I'm going to have a shop do it - I don't want to drill it out and tap
" it. Shoulda let the Kroil work a little longer.

another trick - if you can get the bolt to turn at all but it resists
when you try to turn it more, give it another drop of penetrating oil
and work it back and forth to drive the oil in along the threads.
i've had this work on an exhaust stud where the other one turned and
snapped.