Re: [Amc-list] Circling around the drain, er, rear axle

Re: [Amc-list] Circling around the drain, er, rear axle

" From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" if you look around in your local junkyard, and can find a mercury
" mountaineer, i have a 97 v8. mine has factory trackloc lsd, and good
" disk brakes. i can go measure the width for ya. from rear wheel to
" rear wheel or where do you need? i guess i can just get spring pearch
" width and the mating surface from wheel to wheel. it looks real close
" by eye to my rambler, but i havent measured or actually looked at
" them side by side.

this is the merc ver of the exploder, right?  those rears are a good
swap for cherokees and wranglers, so they'd have to be 60" +/- rather
than the 55.5" of the american.

fwiw, iirc all the disk rears are 31 spline.  being a truck, it might
have the truck 2" x 3.56" housing flange pattern, which means the
disks wouldn't bolt straight onto a car rear.  otoh the ranger 8.8"
might have the truck pattern too.