Re: [Amc-list] Circling around the drain, er, rear axle

Re: [Amc-list] Circling around the drain, er, rear axle

Yeah the pinon is about 1/8 longer to the ujoint centerline according to the one Jeep guys web page I read.
I think I can accomidate that without cutting the driveshaft.
 I also searched on car-parts.com and there is a place about 60 miles from here showing one!
They are asking $275, so when I get back I'll look into that one.
  I guess the rear brakes aren't anything to writed home about 9"X 1.75". The 10" versions are 2" wide,
The one on ebay is 9" braked, still waiting on him to reply, no hurry as if I can drive an hour and pick one up it sure beats the shipping and question marks of an ebay buy!
  The things to note for me are the possibilityof getting one with an ABS speed sensor which would allow me to do any thing I want to my T5 tailhousing!  I believe I can run the Autometer speedo directly off the ABS sensor in the rear!
   The other note is that according to what I read the exploder rear brakes do not bolt up to ranger axles, but for $80 there's a guy or two on ebay selling plates to adapt vented mustang rear rotors and calipers. I always disliked the cheap look and feel of solid rotors. Just a guy thing I guessm though I know they are fine on the rear.
   if I get one with good looking rear brakes and ready to roll I'll probably just go drum for now. especially if their 10" drums. Aerostart drums are finned and supposed to be good replacements for the nonfinned Ranger drums.
   There's a LOT of info and parts out there for the 8.8!
Try finding a used 8" tracloc on ebay for $49.99!
    I think I finally found the right rear end for this.
Now to find the right rearend!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV