Re: [Amc-list] Circling around the drain, er, rear axle

Re: [Amc-list] Circling around the drain, er, rear axle

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" []
" In the mean time I membered Frank S. mentioning Ranger rears. So I did some research.
"   Found that for 2 years only 90-92 a 4.0 Ranger came with a 56.5' width 8.8" !
" Then while surfing around last night I stumbled on a guy on the evilbay that deals in exploder rears.
"  I asked him about a ranger rear and low and behold he has a 1992, 8.8", 3:27 gears Ranger rear axle!
" They only come with 9" drums, but they are wide about 2.5" IIRC, plus an easy swap to exploder discs!

that's a great find...

if you want posis, you can get a genuine torsen from fms.  might
require you to upgrade to 31 spline axles...

...and iirc the pinion on this is the same length as a d44, so it's a
little longer than a d35/amc15.