Re: [Amc-list] Solar chargers, Hey Joe!

>From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx<mailto:farna@xxxxxxx>>

>What, you didn't check Harbor Freight? They have a 5W panel for $39.99, and a 1.5W for >$13.99. Neither has a controller, just a non-backfeed diode. They have a 7A controller for >$19.99.

My dad tried a HF solar panel charger once. The battery still went dead just as quick as it normally did. He tried it on a few batteries just in case it was just the battery and the charger did not seem to be working.

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA
1966 Rambler American 220 Station Wagon
1984 AMC Eagle Limited Station Wagon