[Amc-list] Only in Los Angeles...

Stopped at NatureMart, the local whole foods store (organic coffee beats
all) pulled the American into the free parking spot and next to me was a
1960 Triumph TR-2 (I think it's a TR-2). Not restored, a driver. Rusty
wire wheels and all. Rough, but running well.

Pretty car, not that tiny, but man it's low! Driver said he can put his
hand on the ground whil sitting in the seat. Rag top, it's got the
classic like down pat -- typical 50's grille, bulging fenders that sweep
down to bottom of the rear wheel well, swooping tail. Doors are almost
unnecessary!

"Back seat" (makes a VW Beetle look roomy) rests on the gas tank, a good
10" behind the drivers head. You don't wanna get T-boned by an SUV in
this thing. Made my American look modern! Which of course it was in
those days.

Shoulda tooka pictcha

http://www.rucompatible.com/triumph/