[Amc-list] Rear

Well, I may have finally scored an 8" bolt in rear axle for the American!
I stumbled over one last week in Kansas on evilbay.
Guy offered to deliver, then I missed the auction closing.
Turns out he has some stuff he is deliverying and picking up in both Kentucky and Pennsylvania!
So he can come right thru Morgantown and drop it off for $220!

For those that don't know a Maverick 8" is a dead on bolt in swap for an American!
With my slowly rehabbing shoulder and not really wanting to go to the 9" I started to go to.
This seems to perfect to pass up!

I'll most likely just pull it apart clean it up and swap it in for testing purposes.
It should have 2:79 gears in it IIRC.
The seller is not sure.
With my AMC trans 4-1 first gear  they should be fine for now.
Wonder if I can get it done before Cecil?
I'll probably end up going to a 3:08 or therabouts gear at some point.

So, if I'm able I will pull the rear apart clean and inspect.
Paint it and replace any easy to get to seals.
New lube.
Drop the leaves in the American and install new bushings, [finally!]
Put'er back together.
Calibrate the speedo and be good to go.
No more two part axles.
Removeable pig!