Re: [Amc-list] Detonation

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'd be interested into looking into this if I was sure it would do no harm and no void the remainder of my powertrain warranty!
>    Any links to long tern studies?
> Think about it. This would be an ideal solution to some of the compression issues the low buck six cylinder strokers have.

Yeah, I wonder why pinging and coolant temperature are so linked. I know
combustion chamber surface temps are much higher and change faster than
the coolant.

I know that engines are overall more efficient at higher coolant temps
(195/205 than 160 for example) but that goes out the window when you
have to lose 3 - 6 degrees advance to avoid pinging.

My wagon (70 232, 9.5:1, the squish issue I mentioned) is particularly
ping/temp sensitive. Not much to do about it now, but believe me, when I
build the new 232, I will pay attention to it.

I don't understand that much about camming and static vs. dynamic
compression, but it sounds like it would be worth figuring out soon!