[Amc-list] T-14 on a torque tube...

Seeing how the BW 35 is the weak link in my wagon, and I'm on a manual
trans kick, I rummaged through my notes and my iron pile and determined
that I have absolutely everything I need to bolt in (really) a T-14 onto
a torque tube car -- except two items.

One item is obvious -- open-yoke transmission and torque tube flange.
This is not a big deal; I can easily weld up a bracket and flange to
position the torque tube flange against the crossmember. That's
straightforward fabrication.

The deal killer is the little detail that the T-14 is 3" (plus or minus)
too long. Rats!

The T-96 torque tube yoke slides onto the T-14, but is too large on the
outside to fit in the oil seal. Easily turned to size on a lathe, even I
could do it. Problem solved.

What a bummer. So close yet so far...

I know the obvious answer is an open driveline conversion, but that's a
big deal and I'm fine with the torque tube. It's got a new ring and
pinion and bearings and working perfectly.