[Amc-list] Au Contraire

The Following is a Message Excerpt from Our FearlessLeader:

[quote]

"I'm also not stupid -- tacking a couple sentences about your AMC to an off-topic post won't fly! "

<.."cough.."...damn zipper is stuck again..>

"I'm not tyrannical about keeping the list on topic, but there does come a time when it needs to be reeled in -- preferably before members start complaining."

<.ok...who voted for Nixon?..>

"Remember, only about 5% of members actively engage in posting most of the time, the other 95% just read and learn. "

"Learning about alternate fuels is fascinating, but not the subject of this list. "

[unquote]

..

  au contraire

au con·traire [ o- kòn trér
<http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=au+contraire>
]

adverb

Definition:

*on contrary: *used to suggest that the opposite is really the case (
literary or humorous )

[< French, "to the contrary"]

If it were such that we were the PORSCHE List, or Blizzards Owners Amalgamated, perhaps then one smirkingly agrees Fuels / Pricings / Availabilities / Developments / Experiences / and Our Future Applications bore no pertinence to our Ownership Discussions beyond Stock Options.

We'd be Conspicuous Consumers sharing a Clubbiness Fat Wallat Snobbery - which clearly isn't the AMC-List case.

With Fuel just under $5.00 per Gal. , the fate of Ownership and Future Ownerships, Gatherings, Suppliers, Parts Manufacturers, After market Support, Show Attendance, Club Memberships, Recreational Driving - et al - face a uniformly BLEAK FUTURE.

If WE can't Fuel It - WE can't Drive It... there IS no disconnect from relevance to this gathering.

No one has swung at using Martian Lunar H2O  to source Hydrogen as a Fuel...yet ;[ - but the German Mercedes and BMW and HONDA Japan are committed to using Hydrogen Fuel / Fuel Cells in up coming production.

It goes without saying - I might need some of these New Parts to stay rockin'.

IF I maybe must Modify It - to Drive It, .. to Afford to Drive It..to justifying maintaining Ownership,
open unfettered free flowing discourse with Other Owners addressing the same
operational costs onslaught collectively only serves those "Other" 95% 'Gallery Lurkers' in good stead.

Getting jitters considering what the  non_posting AMC-LIST parasites must be thinking when discussion goes beyond K-Mart diamond file use on a 195.X Rambler / Nash points collection shows
One should consider investing in Prozac,avoiding 'squinchy Tight Feeling' One gets experiencing a 2nd party 'Wedgie' like from all the adoring contributing AMC-List Members on
'The Good Ship AMC_List'.."

..just a singular Opinion..

[..cough..]

Sir.

So., back to Legitimate AMC Discussion - Shall We ? :]

Well,.....What About those early Rambler Inner Tube Valve Stem Caps, ANYway ?

Who here has found the definitive thread count and exterior case vertical line striation count
for those units Manufactured between 1957 thru 1962 ?

Any deviations ?

Anyone ?

I'm sure you're all as excited as I am with this New Technological Discussion.

As to my own AMC project:

The field Mice haven't eaten the nice Original Cardboard Headliner Inserts of my
'Fun in the Sun' Sunroof Clip I have stashed in a friends shed so far.

This inspires me to obtain a full Roller Camshaft Kit for my
360 engine I'll someday craft up the Edelbrock intake to EFi for, if the USA doesn't
do away with affordable Liquid Motor Fuels anytime soon and the price comes down
considerably.

This being the case, I'm prompted to sell my 'Original AMC Bobby Pin' collection.

Contact me off_list. - thanks.

milnersXcoupe
  new york

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080618-0, 06/18/2008
Tested on: 6/19/2008 3:26:45 AM