[Amc-list] Days of Whine & Roses

I'm having 'Issues' :

$5.00 Gal. Gasoline / 20 Gal. Tank = $100.00.

Googled up the AMC 360 V8 today wondering of best
mileage achieved - ran across JEEPers talking 360 vs 258
mpg comparisons.

Surprisingly, the 360 between 13 - 24 mpg with the
258 at 14 - 21 mpg.

Not written in stone - some had swamper 31" etc. -
but general consensus held a 360 V-8 could deliver
better mileage than a 258 I-6 for varying reasons.

The 2bbl. 360 made less mileage than a small primaries
4bbl - and less power.

To build a 'Mileage' 360 I'm thinking a hacked GM ECM for EFi
running an Edelbrock intake modded by Bulltear for Injectors
snagged off a GM EFi 350 motor and
some form of Headers & a free flow exhaust.

To keep the monies real, a 4,500 rpm Hydraulic Lifter 'custom cam'
cut for the application, my soul tells me a 'Roller Cam Kit'
would be worth the investment....... valve timing control and all -
have to sell my in need of restoration '66 GTO Convertible to cover
all these items.

Rather than a 6spd. Automatic - swap in the Mercedes Sourced Rubicon 6 speed
manual Transmission - which Bolts onto an AMC V-8 - rated @ 280ft.lbs.
Torque.

These are low mileage - selling for $800.00 used - leave off the
Transfer Case for
a further weight / MPG savings:

http://forums.jpmagazine.com/70/800033/jeep-transmission/six-speed-transmission/index.html

Further Future_Think tells me in later times I could pull the V-8 in
favor of a 'Hotly Wound' Electric
Motor once the Battery abyss has been spanned - and link up to the 6spd
Rubicon trans.
that would then enable hitting the AMC car shows in other States -
affordably.

But memories of a rumbling street V-8 .. looks like the Show is Over.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080615-0, 06/15/2008
Tested on: 6/17/2008 1:51:40 AM