[Amc-list] Gasoline Stinks !

> From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Gasoline stinks!
>

> The later model Mets (59-62?) have an opening deck lid -- plenty room in there for about six old fashioned paper bags full of groceries. The only problem with the older ones is the trunk is accessed by folding the seat back forward. Of course you'd probably be using it as a two person commuter/errand car, so groceries can occupy the back seat.
>
> The only problem with battery power is limited range. A car that can run 100 miles in real traffic without losing much power is about the best that can be done without expensive and/or exotic technology. I'm talking mainly about something using relatively inexpensive lead-acid batteries -- a home conversion.

..

Checking the internet for Electric Car conversion kits - one can push a
light weight car @ 75MPG - costs
roughly $5k  without batteries.

NEC / Nissan recently joined to manufacture Lithium Ion batteries for
Automobiles - dedicated Factory.

One newer battery design has since surfaced that lasts twice as long -
charges quicker - all these
and the Nissan Electrics will be available here in roughly three years.

Then, hit the hardware store for a HONDA POWER GENERATOR - install it
under the hood along
with an Electric Conversion Kit - good to go.

I like the Chevy VOLT.

Comes with a 3cyl. Ethanol fueled engine driving a 54kw Generator that
keeps the batteries
at peak performance - making perfect sense rather than a system that
goes flat
requiring a fresh battery or a Tow Truck to get home.

I watched traffic from the Sunoco Station the other nite while buying a
gallon
of no lead for just under $5.00 .

One oncoming vehicle travailing without lights - young women hunched over
the steering wheel negotiating traffic flashed by....... ahh yeah.....
the era of the Prius Clunker has arrived.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080615-0, 06/15/2008
Tested on: 6/17/2008 12:37:37 AM