[Amc-list] Vapor Fuel Technology

A local engineer Ray Bushnell near Portland I developing a device that uses gasoline and it is preheated using the heated engine coolant and temperature sensors and warmed air intake some is diverted to the vaporizer chamber with the gasoline and is fed on to the manifold and a mixture of vapor and intake air is fed thru the intake system.

Supposedly they get the best effective mixing air and fuel and they get the same power as a regular engine but get 30% better economy and it shrinks the carbon footprint on their test vehicle which is a 2006 Ford F-150 ext cab pickup.

Until the engine is warmed it runs on the regular FI system or carb system.  It says it may be availble next year on some new car models or as a retrofit for older cars.

The short story and decent illustration of the device is on page C-1  or first page of the business section in today's Oregonian newspaper. 30% is a decent improvement.  I wonder how it would do on an older higher compression V8 engine.  Maybe better than a water injector over the existing 4v carburetor, huh?  If it improves economy 30% in a fuel injected engine it might make a bigger difference in my 69 AMX or and  old 83 GMC Suburban.