Re: [Amc-list] AMC Turbocast II Wheels

COntact me about these rims I am interested.

   Davis
Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  WILLIAM SERCKIE wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Thanks,
>
> I did not know about the one size issue...If they were 15"s I thought that they might look cool on my new toy, a 1963 American 440.

You gotta be careful, not many things fit the front of that car. No 14"
wheel will fit, and some 15's might not. The two major issues are the
9x2 drum concavity, and the steering arm/tie rod end placement.

http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Drums/
http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Tires/

The bottom line on the 63-earlier Americans is, they're not AMC or
Rambler cars, they are literally early 1950's Nash cars with AMC
clothing. It's an OLD! car. It's a GREAT car, and almost sad to say,
better quality than later AMC stuff.

My 63 Classic is "modern" in many ways; my 63 American is more like my
father's old 1940 Ford coupe.

About twice a year we end up at some restaurant with valet parking (due
to parking constraints). It's a gas to hand the keys to the Classic
wagon; they're either embarrassed or thrilled. The American, they make
me park it. It looks like a UFO from Atlantis to people under 30.