Re: [Amc-list] Shock absorbing goodness!

Re: [Amc-list] Shock absorbing goodness!

The more you do yourself the more money you save and not only that the more pride you have in your car.
   I had a couple of bud lights at our Car club meeting today
   Davis

Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I was thinking about wimping out and bringing my car in to a service
station to get the shocks done. Mechanic is on vacation this coming
week, so I figured what the heck. Ordered a pair for the front
(ordered strut rod bushings as well). They had a pair for the back in
stock.

I was worried about nothing! Jacked it up, popped off the tires, hit
the bolts with penetrating oil and let it sit for an hour or so.
Wandered back out, and replaced both rear shocks. That was simple, and
I worried about nothing.

Can't wait to get the pair for the front in! I'm still kinda worried
about the strut rod bushings, but it looks extremely straight-forward.
Anyway - I'll see what I can fix or break or clobber or whatever
before the mechanic gets back from vacation. If I can get the major
stuff out of the way, that's one less hassle!

(I am REAL happy I stored a beer in the back of the fridge. It's 90's
and humid today. Definately a beer day! Even if it's a just Rolling
Rock from Latrobe PA.)