Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] hmmm, what does this mean?
To: Steve Cornelius <steve.c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,    "AMC/Rambler owners,
    drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

GTO's are bad juju for me.

In 1967 I was working at my summer job selling used
cars at a car lot on Broadway in Louisville, KY.  I
had gotten trapped out on the lot by a heavy rain
storm and took shelter in a 64 corvette we had on the
corner of the lot.  Another salesman came out on the
lot in the pouring rain and pecked on the window and
motioned me to come to the office.  There the sales
manager told me that a family friend had called and
asked him to inform me that my Dad has just died of a
heart attack.  I had driven one of the cars from the
lot to work that day (a fringe benefit of the job) and
they sent me home in a white 65 GTO hardtop.  That car
stayed at my home during the early part of the
mourning period and someone came and picked it up and
sold it before I returned to work.  I don't think I'll
ever own a GTO.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

> >Does it mean I should sell it and buy a Pontiac, no
> I ain't got enough for a GTO convertible, don't even
> know if they made such a beast?

End of Amc-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 7