Re: [Amc-list] What's a really nice 1984 Eagle Sedan worth ??

Re: [Amc-list] What's a really nice 1984 Eagle Sedan worth ??

I remember that car now.  They had it on autotrader for $8500 last year.
The subframes where the strut rods attach are the weak points for rust
and are an involved repair.  If there is rust in the  front part of the
subframe then I would look real close at the rest of the subframe too.
Turner 4WD has a brand new carb for these and it works great on my Eagle.
 That and vacuum leaks are the killers for the Eagles.  Too many people
have walked away in frustration dealing with those issues.  Plan on
replacing every vacuum hose, replacing the plastic valve cover with an
aluminum one, bypassing the computer controls via a Nutter bypass and you
should have a decent car.  Really, it is about a days worth of work.  The
front halfshaft has a large nut on the wheel end and six 8 or 10 mm allen
bolts on the diff side and is easy to replace in an hour or so.  They go
for about $65 exchange at rockauto or NAPA.  Brakes are easy as they use
Cherokee and Wrangler components.  The last thing you will need to do is
join the EagleNest site and learn from all our mistakes :)

Wayne

Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY,
http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
AMO#8454, 83 Eagle Limited Wagon, 82 SX/4, 258 auto
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
2003 FLHTCI
2001 Cherokee, 2000 Chrysler Cirrus (both hers)

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 13:20:03 +0000 Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I'd be real suspicious of the frame behind the steering box if the
> other side has a hole in it.
>

> --
> Mark Price
> Morgantown, WV
> 1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
> 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7L, Quadratrc II
> " Chronic Pain Hurts"

> From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Good evening all,
> > Went and looked at the Eagle ... almost bought it.&nbsp; I found
> only a few
> > issues, which I did not want to deal with, seeing as how I really
> need a
> > turn-key car for work commute.
> > &nbsp;
> > The driver's front half-shaft boot was ripped, the
> resealed&nbsp;valve cover
> > still leaked oil&nbsp;just a&nbsp;tad bit (perhaps needs PCV work)
> and there was
> > one quarter-sized rust hole in the front inner frame, just forward
> of the
> > steering idler arm.&nbsp; Other than these things needing
> attention, it remains
> > one of the nicest Eagles and era-specific original AMCs I have
> seen in a long
> > time.&nbsp; It would mike a nice car for the right AMCer.
> > &nbsp;
> > If anyone wants to contact the seller, the details are located on
> the Great
> > Lakes 4x4 forum at
> http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?p=1132400
> > &nbsp;