Re: [Amc-list] Fender Skirts - American Style

Re: [Amc-list] Fender Skirts - American Style

There are NO fender skirts for the American.
They are such:
The Nash size for 1953-1955 (NOT 56...'56 is fundamentally different from
the '55, so the skirt does not fit.  I have both, a '56 and a set of skirts.
They don't fit.  Period).
Then comes 'Rambler Size'.  (this is actually 'Nash', but with a new name,
'Rambler' is now the 'marque').  So...1960-1961 are one size, 1962 the
other.  However, Classic and Ambassador ONLY for all three years.  NO
American, NO Metropolitan.
Here are the '62 skirts in place:
1st- http://arcticboy.com/neamc/AMOCT/ambassador1059.JPG
2nd-
http://public.fotki.com/jerijan/antique_cars/my_driveable_dreams/driveabledr
eam_page_1.html
On the second one, you need to advance to page two of the article (the
second of three scans).
This is the '54 set in place:
1-
http://public.fotki.com/jerijan/antique_cars/1954_nash/the_ambassador_coun.h
tml

I had bought two sets of the '54 considering using them on the front as
well.  Not only did they fit kind of lousey, they looked totally insane
(absolutely NO opening for the fenderwells.  DUH!).

The '62 kind of looks cool enough with the skirts, but it is still 'only' a
Rambler, albeit a rocket powered one.  The 327 makes the Ambassador rip
right along (with the exception of gas stations), and the skirts give it a
'look apart'.

The '54 looks 'more at home' with the skirts, although I can't say I'm
terribly enamoured of them.  They scratch paint away from the 1/4s starting
the 'oxydation' (read that 'RUST') process, and you must monitor that in any
Nash/Rambler/AMC car wicked anyway.

I noticed the box was not properly marked with the 'fit' of the contents.  I
suspect they thought the '54 ones would work on the '56 but apparently never
tried.  (The problem is that there is a lack of chrome stripping under which
the skirt fits on the '56, and they look pretty stupid).  The point here IS
THAT the 'fit' statement is incorrect and you are on your own to determine
what, in fact, they dO fit and what they don't.

If anyone has question, give me a shout.

Jj