[Amc-list] Is that an American Car?

I was out riding around with my youngest son a week or so ago, and
cruised around Marietta Square. While waiting for the light to change
and watching people walk by, one woman looked at the car, and talked
to the man she was walking with.

What was her question? "Is that an American car?" I didn't know if I
should laugh or holler out the window. Since she made it across the
street before my slow mind could think of anything witty, I just
smiled and drove off.

Hmmmm, I wonder if an American Motors Corporation Rambler American
might be American made? Prolly imported from Korea or Japan.