[Amc-list] seals kit for heater core /box Javelin/AMX

[Amc-list] seals kit for heater core /box Javelin/AMX

More restoration parts are becoming available for our cars every day.

REM Automotive Inc.     http://www.remautoinc.com/     is reproducing the
seals and gaskets needed for restoring the seal between the heater core and
the box, the box to the firewall, the box to the bottom of the cowl air
inlet,  and the sound deadeners on the defroster and heat doors inside the
box. They used the seals from my 70 Javelin non A/C with unmolested core/box
from the factory. It is thought that this kit will fit nearly all
Javelin/AMX series 70 and 80 models from 1968 to 1974. Most definitely this
kit will be correct for the much sought after last year of the AMX two
seater, 1970. I would appreciate it if any one could help verify what if any
differences there may be between the years and A/C, non A/C cars in the
heater core area of seals. I wish to pass this information to Mike at REM.

This kit is available from REM directly and will be available shortly from
the AMC vendors that REM currently supplys.

I had sent photos of the box/core,  scans from a 1970 TSM and a 1972 TSM,
and many tracings along with everything that was left of the seals to Mike
at REM R & D several weeks ago, about the same time Matt and I began
discussing this. The guys at REM made prototypes of the seals and sent them
back to me. I have test fit all of the seals and found them to be fully
functional and of very high quality materials. I have re-assembled the unit
and installed it in the car. None of this was very difficult although one
does need to pay attention to details. I did not have to remove the dash.

All of this was prompted because the seal between the box and the bottom of
the cowl air inlet was completely disintegrated and unconditioned air was
leaking into the passenger compartment.

I did not have to fully disassemble the box to install the seals on the two
doors. I managed to place the heater door foam on the door while the box was
assembled. The defrost door was easily removed by partially unbending
several of the tabs and flexing the metal a bit until the door would slip
out.

I do have photos I can send if requested, and I will attempt to post them as
soon as I can.

Thanks,

Armand