Re: [Amc-list] Raining

Dave; Nope,I'm in the Valley. Its way too rainy out on the coast, I don't know how they cope out there. And you guys are too dry. We're just about right here in the Willamette, we just hunker down during the rainy season (Oct thru May) and work on projects, then dig the rest of the year. You want to talk about rain- Hawaii get about twice the rain per year that we get, and they are the holiday capitol of the US. And you people up around Forks, Wash. My condolences
The problem with our seasons is that from May through Sept there are probably a dozen things happening each weekend, which one to go to?
Do any of you people remember Doc Lavender? He was handicapped (in a wheel chair) and raced a '35 Nash in the Pro ranks out of Woodburn DS. He had to fight the NHRA to get permission as they wouldn't OK him at first. He eventually got the nod and was just seconds away from his ultimate goal of breaking into the 10.o's when he died. Anyways, check out his life story on the web.
His car is being rebuilt by the Silverton High Schools auto shop and honored at their car show this weekend. Any local yokels out doing nothing Friday nite, please stop on by.
I knew Doc for years, helped to sponsor his car with parts and encouragement, and talked to him many times. The guy was on SS and SSI and still managed to put together a kick-butt car while keeping a smile on his face. So any of you people complain of having a bad back or a boo-boo that keeps you away from doing what you love, dig on him.....Russ