Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 camshaft spec

I was looking at the Rambler V8 TSM today ( from my old website ) and I think it has the 244-degrees on both Intake and Exhaust and INCLUDES when valves open and close.  I can send you that in the AM if you'd like ... of don't you already have the info on the WPS.com website somewhere?  Food for thought ... or ... comparison.

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><

JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I checked my TSMs (62, 63, 64) which have info on the
195.6 engines too. None of them list the duration on
the exhaust side. I guess it's safe to assume an
advertised duration of 244 degrees like on the
intakes. I don't think the air flow dynamics was too
sophisticated when that engine was designed and then
when the OHV head was put on it. AMC used
"symmetrical" (equal intake/exhaust duration) cams on
other engines so why not the 195.6?

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA